My SPECTACULAR Australian History Play REFLECTION!!!

BEAUTIFUL BEARDS is what I’m known for now in my performance. We recently did a play called “Hanging Onto The Bottom Of The World” and I think we did well. My Mum actually helped make the props, costumes and food for the tea ladies. My family came along with my two grandmas and grandpas. When we all needed to sit down and be quiet for people to give speeches, my sister kept on making me laugh while people were giving speeches. I remember sitting there holding in a laugh and nearly exploding in laughter. Thankfully i didn’t laugh while they were giving the speeches

I played a convict and a character called Eddie who is a cricket commentator who loved women but then loved BEARDS more. The whole entire time we performed, our CARE teacher Miss De Paiva was laughing so loud that I even heard her laughing in the costume room which is a little more far away than where she was. It was really funny just hearing her laughing nonstop even in serious scenes with a small amount of comedy. She would literally start dying of laughter when I mentioned the word beard. She was really nice as well and after the show she said I did a good job.

When we were in the cricket match, I think that the other Eddie and Bruces did a fantastic job on acting, my partner Aphrodite had to play a man called Bruce who had wear a fake beard so that they could rip it off and reveal that she is a woman. That is where I come in saying “BRUCE, YOU’RE A WOMAN!” And then I figure out I’m the only guy in the cricket match. Then I go on about how Australia picked on lots of different races saying “We didn’t just pick on woman, WE PICKED ON LOTS OF PEOPLE!” I think that it was a funny joke and we all laughed about it, I think I did well.

I think this was the biggest play I’ve ever done. I had lot of lines to remember and my family liked it a lot. I think that I learnt a lot in this experience, I’ve learnt that I have a loud yell, I get abnormally cold feet, I’m good at acting energetic and that it was so much fun.

Are you excited about playing in the year 5 production?